Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pools of Sarrow....WAVES of JOY

After having one of the GREATEST weeks, it took the plummeting drop I wasn't expecting. When life threw me a Jeffry I didn't have a furry wall handy....oooh but did I have a wall of tears that DEMANDED to be released. For someone who doesn't cry easily, I found myself getting upset over being upset. A sort of paradox it seems. Today was a day of lessons some that I have already learned (keshia always needs a nice bit of nudging in the right direction sometimes) and new lessons.
Among these lessons, THE POWER AND LOVE OF FAMILY. I am so blessed to have a set of amazing Grandparents who have been and continue to be the greatest examples to me in the world. They made the choice to serve the people of New Mexico, and teach them the joy of the Gospel, but turns out that they weren't going to be able to serve quite as soon as they had planned...life has this way of sneaking up on you and biting straight in the ass, but the cliche that love conquers all is so true. I can always count on my aunts to answer their phones when I need them most.
THE AMAZING NESS OF THE PRIESTHOOD. I can't even fathom the way to express the love that I have for those who live their life in a way that they are able to have such a strong responsibility. My grandma's wise words were to find my bishop and have a talk with him. HA little Keshia who is afraid of her own shadow :) meet with a stranger. HOW BRILLIANT IS THAT WOMAN. I found his number and made the super awkward phone call, and he was how does now sound. I will be their in 20 min. I feel that I shocked him with the lovely life story that I have, I may of just rambled and spilled some guts and a ton of tears, but I left that room, ......ug the best way to describe it would be to say as one. Life still sucked, but I walked away reminded of who I am, a Daughter of God! I didn't get a blessing, nor profound advice. The power of the priesthood is like an...aura that is shot out from around you. :) and I am so thankful that I have a Grandpa who hold the priesthood, I generally deal with the women in my family, when my Grandpa got on the phone today, I could feel the love on my family, my savior, and that everything would be ok. My grandpa has given me countless blessing, whenever I have asked for them, driven out of his way. I know that one day when someone wants to enter into my life, THAT THE PRIESTHOOD WILL BE THERE. I have had to live with out it in my home, with out love, with out the spirit. I WILL NOT SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN THAT.
THE POWER OF CHILDREN aw my kids they are my pride and joy, no one can stay upset when rain or shine, as soon as I walk through a less than glorious entrance of the good ol' BGC, a herd of the most adorable five year old plow you over. They stole my heart, and fill me up each and everyday. I am so blessed
THAT I AM SO BLESSED: I have an amazing family, I have amazing friends, I have an amazing job, I have a testimony of Jesus Christ, I know who I am, and where I stand.

signing out ....catch ya on the flip side...

No comments:

Post a Comment